This page has moved to a new address.

Leaving on a jet plane

Pickles & Chapstick: Leaving on a jet plane

Monday, May 23, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane





This past weekend one of my friend's had his good-bye party. He's leaving the Marina to go back to New York. I wanted to be able to give him something before he left. I couldn't find a nice card. Everything was either sappy or just lame. So I decided to make one. I went to Michaels and in the scrapbooking aisle I found that marble looking paper and paper of an old map that happened to be the United States. Perfect! I was on a strict budget so I wound up purchasing those green, brown and blue letter stickers above. I put an X where Los Angeles is and another X where NY is and drew little dots. Voila! A cute little goodbye card. I also wanted to give him a little goodie bag that he could take on the plane with him. So I used a plain paper bag. I got a bunch of them for under $2 bucks at Target. I don't have a printer at home so I wasn't able to print out the images I wanted to. I was getting upset (hormones) because my project wasn't turning out how I wanted it to. I finally decided to buy fancy scrapbooking stickers with a travel theme. They did the job. In the goodie bag I added a bunch of candy and some gum. He enjoyed it and loved the creativity that went into his little goodbye gift. My only regret was not forking out the extra 5 bucks for the typewriter letter stickers. Oh well, there's always next time!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home