This page has moved to a new address.

my hometown

Pickles & Chapstick: my hometown

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

my hometown


I grew up in a defunct steel town. Cold winters, hot summers, good pizza, dunkin donuts, Wawa, etc. Billy Joel wrote a song about it. Summers were spent on the Jersey beaches. I learned to drive on narrow country roads between the "holy cities". Trips to Philly where my Uncle and I would race each other on the art museum stairs and then jump up and down like Rocky. I grew up being forced to love Bruce Springsteen. I could never escape there fast enough and I now find myself longing for those things again. I recently found a bunch of these photos online. I'm using these images to "hold me over" until my next trip back east.







(photo, photo, photo, photo, photo)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yeah!! WAWA!!

 
At June 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Why Girls Are Weird said...

Looks like a great place!

 
At June 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM , Blogger Margaux said...

Your pictures are really nice!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home