This page has moved to a new address.

artshop

Pickles & Chapstick: artshop

Saturday, June 2, 2012

artshop


Last Saturday my friend Roxy hosted her first ever artshop. I had the pleasure of attending and unleashed my inner art monkey. I'd never consider myself an artist but I've always felt at ease when I was doing something creative or had paint on my hands. 

We started painting with our hands, moved on to sponges and then eventually we were allowed paint brushes. I got a better grasp on colors and was able to step out of my "comfort zone". It was an eight hour day filled with abstract painting. This was a cheaper form of therapy. I was able to throw every emotion onto that canvas. By the end of the day I was exhausted but a good exhausted. I felt empowered. I loved being able to be creative for an entire day. I loved meeting new people. I loved how open minded and encouraging everyone was. 

Roxy was an amazing teacher and hostesses. The bungalow was set up beautifully. We had yummy treats that we were able to snack on throughout the day. The music was spot on. Everything just flowed perfectly! Thank you, Roxy! You did an amazing job and you're a great teacher. I can't wait for further artshop classes! 

Please check out Roxy's blog bybun for more information :) 











Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home