This page has moved to a new address.

a weekend in pictures

Pickles & Chapstick: a weekend in pictures

Monday, August 13, 2012

a weekend in pictures




August, why do you have to be so miserable? and by miserable I mean so effin hot?!?! We're currently in the middle of a heat wave. It's hard to believe this time last year I was dealing with the exact thing except I was how many pounds heavier due to being 7 months pregnant and I was already uncomfortable. I've had flashbacks to a year ago. Mostly when I start a cleaning/organizing project and I find myself on my floor almost in tears wishing I had A/C. Okay, thats a little dramatic but you get the point. When it's this hot I find cleaning, laundry, etc. takes a bit of a back seat. C and I have been living in diapers (okay, well he has) and bathing suits (me). Last year I found myself running errands like crazy just so I could be in the A/C. I've decided to do the same this year. Except it's hard with a nine month old who just wants to get on the floor and crawl all over the place. I decided Sunday would be a beach day. This was my first time taking Charlie with me. There were several reasons I haven't. The main one being I was completely overwhelmed doing it by myself. In the end I'm glad I did and I'm very thankful one of my friends decided to come with. Thank you, Lindsay!! I already knew C loved the pool but wasn't sure if he'd like the ocean. He loved the waves hitting his little legs. We sat in the sand for a bit and took in the scenery. There was only one person missing while I was experiencing all of this. I wish he could've been there to see Charlie's face light up when the waves rolled in, etc. That's another reason I'm glad Lindsay was there. She was a good friend and a big help with the little wiggle worm. As I write this it's 5am and I've barely slept. If it wasn't for one of my dear friends coming over and helping out I'd be a complete wreck right now. Charlie's puffy (not as puffy as before) from an allergic reaction to something or it could be a reaction to teething. My allergies are really bad right now and I got an allergic reaction to an insect bite (mergh!). I think the rest of today should prove interesting. It's a hand full doing it all on your own!  







Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home