This page has moved to a new address.

holiday decor (on a budget)

Pickles & Chapstick: holiday decor (on a budget)

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

holiday decor (on a budget)


I am so sick right now (tis the season!). I swear since I got pregnant, it has killed my immune system. There's no sick days when you're a full-time mama. As much as I want to lay on the couch and nap (constantly), I can't because I have to finish up a huge batch of "thank you" cards I was hired to create. Oh, and decorate. Don't ask me why I feel I HAVE to decorate when I'm feeling this crappy. 

Enough of that unimportant stuff... I've found that it is possible to decorate on a budget and have it look nice. It may not look exactly like that $20.00 item you want in the store but you can come really close. Before I decorate for any holiday, I look around my place and see what I already own and elaborate on that. I already owned a vase or two but then I inherited all those vases from all those floral arrangements. That was like striking gold. Vases are expensive (kinda redic). Last year I was really into the "blues" (maybe because I was feeling really blue?) and this year I'm over it. This whole gold and glitter look started rubbing off on me (i have no idea why either). If you know me, you know I loathe glitter. Remember when it was cool to wear glitter as make-up or have glitter lotion? I opted out of that trend. Getting back on track... I decided to buy some new ornaments this year for a tree I may or may not have (more on that later). Michaels has some great sales and check the website for coupons because they have some great ones. Due to a lovely 30% off your purchase coupon from Michaels I saw, I opted to go there. My entire trip cost me under $20.00 and that included all the items I got side tracked with (typical. always happens in that store). So here's some inexpensive holiday decor ideas :)  




Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Stylishlyme said...

I really want to try the ornaments and clear vase decoration! I see it every year and It looks so pretty.

-V
http://stylishlyme.com/

 
At November 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You should! It's cheap, easy & it looks great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home