This page has moved to a new address.

Funfetti gets the party started

Pickles & Chapstick: Funfetti gets the party started

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Funfetti gets the party started





I'm not sure when or how it started but for the past 4+ years I've been the one in charge of cupcakes for friend's birthdays. Over the years I've made several different kinds but the kind that people prefer are the Funfetti. Yes, box mixes are the easy way out but if it's your birthday... your wish is my command. If you want the Pillsbury Funfetti cupcakes... you will get them!

Little Victoria turned 22 yesterday. So for her birthday she asked for Funfetti cupcakes. I wanted to make homemade icing but between my work load and my constant exhaustion that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. I broke down and bought the already made vanilla icing. I found a huge thing of pastel colored sprinkles for 2 bucks at Target. I bought the Hershey chocolate shell to drizzle over the sprinkled cupcakes. I thought about making a mini strung birthday banner for the cupcakes but opted to make mini pastel colored flags instead and bought sticker letters to spell out happy birthday. To finish it off I bought trick sparkler candles. The cupcakes were a hit!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home