This page has moved to a new address.

life lately

Pickles & Chapstick: life lately

Thursday, September 20, 2012

life lately



I miss this blog. Friends and some readers have sent me some sweet messages asking me to keep writing and blogging. I'm not sure I can promise daily updates but I promise to try and pay a bit more attention to this little blog. 

In the midst of the chaos of cleaning/organizing/packing I found my flip cam. I finally scrolled through it and found several videos I forgot about. Several of my dog/cat Rilo (he lives in PA) from Xmas 2010 (nerd status!) and a video from when I was in labor. I don't remember it being filmed. It was one of the sweetest (& slightly funny) things I have seen! I've made it a point to take more videos of Charlie. I also carry my good camera around in our diaper bag. I've become super lazy with my photo taking since owning an iphone (that is now outdated - thanks iphone 5!). Looking into getting a SLR for my photography habit. I had one at one point but I lent it to a friend and while in their care it got stolen (no bueno!). So I think now (especially now) it makes sense to invest in one. School was put on hold while the next moves are planned. I'm enjoying this time with Charlie. He'll never be this young or old again. When I was working there was so much I felt like I missed out on. When I was pregnant, I was so nervous about the future and I was afraid of missing work while on maternity leave. I've always been a dedicated worker who took pride in their hard work so not working for a few months seemed overwhelming. At first I enjoyed returning to work but then it slowly faded. I missed my son more. I missed putting him down for a nap, feeding him, changing his diaper, etc. No amount of money can buy back that time I missed out on. Just because a mother doesn't work outside the home doesn't mean they're sitting around watching TV or wasting their time away. Motherhood is a tough gig. I am looking for a job and even though funds are tight, I'm enjoying this extra time with him. We're so blessed. He's very healthy. You can't even tell he has Barth Syndrome. His doctors are very impressed with him. This is one of the biggest blessings. I pause each and every day and thank god for him. He's my alarm clock in the morning (he's an early bird) and he accompanies me on my morning runs (big thanks to the grandparents for that stroller!). I make all of his food (this isn't as easy or hard as it may seem) and I'm getting to be a pro at making finger friendly meals. We keep the TV off during the day. I'm anti TV for the little ones. Unless it's a rare occasion or a Giants game is on. We spend a lot of time listening to music, reading books, making music (pots and pans are a favorite), trips to the beach, etc. Come 6pm I'm exhausted and I'm beyond thankful for when the other swoops in. I'm also very thankful for friends like Auntie Hope and Auntie Lindsay who are always an extra set of hands and are always down for a beach trip or a walk. Nap time is almost over and I still have 1st birthday invites to finish up. Enjoy the pictures!  




My football inspired 7 layer dip for the Giants game. 



We're going to try and grow our Christmas tree this year. Let's see how this works out haha. 














2 Comments:

At September 21, 2012 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Tami Rebekah said...

Oh how lovely your family and life are!! Loving your blog!! Have a great weekend!!

 
At September 21, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awe thank you for stopping by!! Xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home