This page has moved to a new address.

Sunday Night Supper: cheesy spaghetti

Pickles & Chapstick: Sunday Night Supper: cheesy spaghetti

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Night Supper: cheesy spaghetti


I decided to start "Sunday Night Supper" because Sunday is the one day I seem to want to cook and I get the most "creative" in the kitchen. I also have to include a little one year old who enjoys feeding himself so most meals have to be Charlie friendly. This is one of Charlie's favorite dishes and it also happens to be a favorite of my younger brother's. Today happens to be my brother's birthday and even though he lives 3000 miles away, I made this dish in his honor.

Chop up those veggies. Grocery shopping didn't happen in the house today so I used the vegetables we had. I normally love loading up on the veggies. 


I seasoned and cooked the beef first and added and seasoned the vegetables and then I added the tomato sauce. 


Pick your choice of pasta and start heating it up. Penne and Elbows are a hit in this house because it's easy for little one year old fingers :) Once the pasta is done cooking and the sauce is done to your liking, drain the pasta and mix it into the sauce. 


Add Mozzarella cheese on top and let the cheese melt and it's good to go! I'm not a fan of baked pasta (unless it's lasagna) so I prefer this dish. My super picky eater brother even loves this dish (so that really says something). He started liking it once we started to refuse to buy speghatti-o's. Don't get me started on what that kid got away with eating when we were little :)

A young Rachel & Jimmy circa 2001
Happy Birthday, little brother. My brother is special for many reasons. One of them being that "he never forgets". If you left him behind in the snow when he was five, he'll make it a point to tell you about it every single time your home. (hey! i had my reasons and i was stuck carrying the clunky sled) Jimmy, I love you and I'm so proud of you

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At January 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM , Blogger emi said...

yum, this looks great! i'll have to make it now :)
thanks for sharing!
xo

 
At January 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM , Blogger chantal marie said...

THis looks AMAZING! my stomach is growling just looking at it! Thanks so much for stopping by BintheBay! hope you have a great Monday!

 
At January 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Midnight And Dawn said...

aw, Happy Birthday to your brother! Being away from your family on special occasions can be tough, but I love the idea of cooking one of their favorite meals :)

 
At January 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM , Blogger s said...

yum i had spaghetti for dinner tonight :)

 
At January 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM , Blogger henning love said...

oooh this dish looks great! how sweet of you of to make this dish in your brother's honor. definitely gonna have to try this for dinner one evening

 
At January 29, 2013 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Sara said...

This looks great and happy birthday to your brother!

 
At January 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Eatlovemerry said...

This look soooo good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home