This page has moved to a new address.

prepping, planning and packing

Pickles & Chapstick: prepping, planning and packing

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

prepping, planning and packing

tangerine sorbet champagne floats
(pretty sure with a different sorbet we could substitute the champagne with sparkling cider) 

I'm starting to have anixety thinking about everything that needs to happen within the next five months. It's also that time of year that kinda gets to me. Ever have a time of year that does that to you? Thankfully CaddyShack is on as I write this. C'mon Chevy Chase, Bill Murray (he was my first celebrity crush ever. don't judge! i was like 4!) and Rodney Dangerfield in one movie? 

Okay lets get back on track here... Today was a weird and busy day. I had to go back to The Grove to try on more dresses. I'm starting to really not like that place and that's the nicest way I can say that. The labor intensive part of the wedding process is starting to happen. One of my best friends recently got engaged and asked me to create her save the dates and wedding invites and be in her wedding. I'm really blessed to be having all these amazing opportunities to get creative. I'm also in the midst of going through this place and getting rid of a lot. Why? A lot of positive things are happening and eventually (aka soon) will be moving out of this place. Recently my little fam celebrated papa's birthday and very soon it will be this mama's turn to celebrate her last birthday in her twenties. We won't discuss it that much that right now because i'll start to freak out and get nauseated (don't ask). There's also a bunch of other little important things (dinners, doctor's appointments, etc.) that makes me wish there were more than 24 hours in a day! 

The prepping for this weekend's craft workshop/get together is almost done. I have the craft ideas picked out and ready to go but it's the food and beverages that have me stumped. Especially since some of us can drink and some of us can't. Last time I did this was around Halloween and it was easy to keep up with the Halloween theme. This time I'm thinking something light yet yummy (like fruit and cheese). I'm sharing a few ideas that I found to be yummy. Thank you, Pinterest AND thank you to anyone who reads this and doesn't judge me for babbling :)  

ps: I also switched up my current favorite blogs on the side. Please check them out :)

a pretty presentation of fruit and cheese

fruit and cheese dunkers

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 16, 2013 at 6:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm happy to still be on there! I love Bill Murray!! Gotta do brie with orange marmalade as a topper. It's perfect on Trader Joe's crackers!

 
At January 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try it out! I enjoy your blog too much to take it off :)

xo

 
At January 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM , Blogger meme-and-he said...

thanks for the blog love!! have a great weekend :)

 
At January 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

fruit and cheese is always a winner for me. :) and thank you for the blog love darlin!

caroline @thecopperavocado

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home