This page has moved to a new address.

2013

Pickles & Chapstick: 2013

Friday, January 4, 2013

2013


I recently came across this on the web and it was too perfect not to share. Especially since we're only 3/4 days into the new year. 

Many people have written about their new year's resolutions and goals. I have to come to realize I'm just not the type who feels comfortable sharing my goals or resolutions. To be honest, it was my resolution not to make one because only 10% of people actually stick with theirs. That and remember how I said we were all feeling better? Boy, was that right for like a second. I got a gnarly fever on New Years Eve and wound up being bed ridden for a day in a half with a 103 fever. I'm still not feeling amazing and have been splitting time between couches and beds. Gosh darn you, germy east coast! ::shakes fist:: I'm going to be honest, I'd rather go through labor than have the horrible virus/cold we've been dealing with. At least it's not the stomach flu. I'd rather give birth to triplets than have the stomach flu. Okay enough talk about germs, stomach flu, etc. I've just come to realize that I'm the type of person who is better off keeping their goals to themselves and not making new years resolutions. Even though I blog, there's still a lot I like to keep private and there's certain people in my life who also like to remain pretty private and I'm okay with that. 

I will share one goal. Okay more like it needs to be checked off the list. I need to pick out a dress for my mom's wedding because if I have to return to J.Crew or stare at BHLDN one more time I might scream. I don't do well in long dresses that cover my shoes. It makes me back flash to the time I tripped several times at a homecoming dance while wearing a poofy dress that had so much crinoline it looked like I was ready for cotillion. All this wedding dress shopping is driving me bonkers. It's craziness I tell you!! 

I'm also going to try (keyword being "try") apartment therapy's january cure to get this place organized for the new year.    

Labels:

6 Comments:

At January 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love all those quotes. I've been skipping reading some resolution posts even from my fave bloggers. I feel like we all put so much pressure on ourselves all year long and our culture is full of stress, why add another thing I need to live up to? Or maybe I'm just preggers and getting all philosophical :)

 
At January 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love reading people's goals and resolutions because people come up with some pretty good ones! I just don't like blogging about mine. I hear what you're saying. We do put so much pressure on ourselves and if you're in a relationship and especially if you have kids I feel that the pressure intensifies. You made a great point, lady! Hope you've been doing well! Xo

 
At January 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM , Blogger meme-and-he said...

so inspiring. I still need to write down my resoluations...running a bit behind!

 
At January 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM , Blogger his little lady said...

How inspiring! Loving this post, girl! Here's to 2013, all it has to offer and resolutions being completed!
xo TJ

 
At January 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you!! xo

 
At January 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM , Blogger He.She.&Eloise.... in the city said...

Thanks for the inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home