This page has moved to a new address.

mmmm snow

Pickles & Chapstick: mmmm snow

Thursday, December 6, 2012

mmmm snow








Sometimes when life gets hectic I like taking a visual vacation for a few minutes to decompress. Sometimes it will be a tropical location, sometimes it will be somewhere exotic. Maybe it's this time of year but i've been missing the cold weather and snow. There's something magical about snow. I love how peaceful it is after a good snowfall. Everything is covered in blankets of white. It's just beautiful. The last time I saw snow was almost two years ago in Big Bear. I remember I tried making some sort of snow animal and I failed miserably at it. I used to love to look out my bedroom window into our back yard and see little animal foot prints in the snow. Usually they were from the deer that came up from the field or birds. I was always the child that would try to be graceful while stepping in the snow. I didn't want to disturb it too much. Then there was my brother who would run out and jump into it with a nerf gun and the pretty snow was no more. I came across these photos that helped with my "visual vacation" tonight. It's also helping me get excited for our upcoming trip back east. I'm off to indulge in a hot shower and snuggle up and watch Home Alone. What do you do to decompress?    

(photos: 1 2 3 4 5)

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At December 6, 2012 at 4:43 AM , Blogger Eatlovemerry said...

These photos are gorgeous!

 
At December 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

They really are! :)

 
At December 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Anne Hill said...

I'm dying to get some snow and just enjoy the quite peace is blankets everything in!

 
At December 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you get some too!! xo

 
At December 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Chiara said...

i love snow too, well, most of the time. i like to look and stare at it because like you said, there's something magical to it. it looks so peaceful :)
oh and if you like you could check out my new post. how to fix your broken makeup powder.
you can check it here!

Chiara♥
xmisschiarax.blogspot.be

BLOG | Instagram | Polyvore | bloglovin' | Pinterest | WeHeartIt

 
At December 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Ivana Split said...

magical photos:)

 
At December 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Naina said...

I never understand why people complain when it snows: sure it's hard to drive and get places but it's just so BEAUTIFUL that it mitigates all the hassle!


SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

 
At December 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I completely agree with you! :)

 
At December 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

thanks!! :)

 
At December 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It really is peaceful to stare at! xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home