This page has moved to a new address.

it was a "crafty" good time

Pickles & Chapstick: it was a "crafty" good time

Monday, January 21, 2013

it was a "crafty" good time


How is it Monday already?! Sorry for the lack of posting last week. I won't go on and on about it but I've been dealing with some gnarly exhaustion and I started grinding my teeth in my sleep this weekend (thanks anxiety and stress) which has led to a whole lot of pain. So I apologize! Moving on.. This past weekend I hosted my second craft workshop/get together. Last time I hosted one of these it was pretty simple (we decorated pumpkins). This time I decided to step it up a bit and I showed the girls how to make garland. I made the decision last week to keep the snacks and bevys simple. The featured beverage was champagne over raspberry sorbet or ginger ale over raspberry sorbet. It was very yummy!  







These craft workshops/get togethers are becoming a hit. I got the idea from visiting a craft store when I saw a bunch of ladies working on a scrapbooking project. Why not get a bunch of people together to work on a craft and provide snacks and drinks? It's cheaper than going out and you get to flex those creative "muscles" while being in a laid back and fun environment. I make it a point to invite all sorts of friends (old work ones, new & childhood) and ask them to bring friends because it's fun to mix it up and meet new faces! By the end of tonight I had people asking me when the next craft night was going to be and what craft we'd be doing. Hooray! 

I'm no artist but I had a lot of fun "chalking" it up 

ginger-ale/champagne over raspberry sorbet 



I enjoyed making these cheese picks 


I think one of my favorite things about the night was really seeing everyone turning this craft into their own. Some got super artsy with theirs while others just wanted to make it fun.  




Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM , Blogger emi said...

so so darling..i love this! i need to be a better crafter! xoxo
chaseandem.blogspot.com

 
At January 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this idea! Oh no with the grinding. I have TMJ and it stinks!!

 
At January 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I found one of the most difficult things about crafting is finding the time. Start little :) xo

 
At January 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You should try it out with some friends! It is a lot of fun! xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home