This page has moved to a new address.

pumpkin decorating party

Pickles & Chapstick: pumpkin decorating party

Monday, October 15, 2012

pumpkin decorating party



making my favorite pumpkin cookies!!

On Saturday I hosted my second holiday arts get together. Since Halloween is right around the corner I decided decorating pumpkins would be perfect. I invited a few of my girlfriends to come over and asked them to bring their own pumpkin(s). I provided the snacks and beverages, and artsy fartsy supplies. 

I got the idea for the holiday arts get together this past Easter when two of my girlfriends came over to decorate eggs and I provided the snacks, eggs, etc. All of my friends and I lead pretty busy lives (boyfriends, kids, jobs, pets, etc.) so sometimes trying to coordinate a monthly get together would be hard. That's why the holiday idea was perfect! It's a little easier to coordinate. I'm a person who constantly needs to be doing something artsy to lead a normal life. I also think it's healthy for everyone to get their hands dirty and do something different and creative from time to time. That's why the craft idea was perfect! For each holiday I pick a theme (craft) and provide snacks and beverages that match with that holiday. Since most of us are trying to cut back expenses and save $$ this is also a better option than a bunch of us going out to a bar, dinner, etc. 

I was up since 5am on Saturday (oh, the life of having a baby) and spent most of the day running errands, cleaning, rearranging furniture, baking, cooking, working on stuff for Charlie's party, etc. If it wasn't for that red bull that I started drinking around 4pm I would've been dead by the time the get together started. I loved watching my friends get creative with their pumpkins and see them get creative. I was also excited to see my friends that I only painted my pumpkin black. Well, that was half the reason. I wasn't sure what else I wanted to do to it. I think the creativity was drained from me at that point. Last night's get together was a hit and I'm already planning our next craft! 

all the artsy crafty goodness!

I hung up inspiration just in case anyone needed it 


keeping with the Halloween theme I used vampire teeth (that wouldn't stay close even with glue, etc.)
and I gave each of them a little sponge brush and a pencil. 


trying to break Hope's concentration by playing with a mask that I'm working
on for Charlie's birthday
Hope & Lindsay's baby pumpkins

I nicknamed Jenn's pumpkins the "Honey Boo Boo" pumpkins
glitter seemed to become the theme of the night

Lindsay decided to make a Martha Stewart inspired mobile 

my famous pasta salad (gluten free this time around) was a hit and I finally
put those skeleton arm servers to use! 

Amber's "Sleeping Beauty" pumpkin
Lauren's "gothic" pumpkin. I loved seeing her pumpkin come to life. I also blame her for starting the glitter bandwagon. Still getting it out of my carpet :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you had fun and that's what its about right!! And the drinks.... yep!!

 
At October 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It was a blast and everyone had a great time getting creative!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home