This page has moved to a new address.

a weekend in pictures

Pickles & Chapstick: a weekend in pictures

Monday, October 8, 2012

a weekend in pictures

Friday's sunset 

found this snail on my morning run

a sign of fall in LA


paid this one a visit 

OC sunset

Waiting in line to go to a haunted house and we were taking "scared photos". I had NO idea this guy was behind me. Lauren did (look at her scared smirk). When I went to look at the photo he got in my face and scared the living bejesus out of me. Maybe you had to be there but it's still funny.

a little back story on this:
If you know me, you might be thinking "what the hell is this girl doing at a haunted house?". I prefer Halloween at Disneyland to Christmas and I enjoy decorating and dressing up for Halloween but it's not my all time favorite holiday. However, I love a good haunted house.  
Lauren & I went to the same sitter when we were kids. Our babysitter was obsessed with Halloween and all things scary and the same went for her kids. She built a scary corn maze in her backyard one year for her Halloween party. On the weekends during the Halloween season our sitter would take us and her kids to haunted houses. Lauren was once filmed going through a haunted house on the travel channel. Lauren & I have had the hardest times finding "legit" haunted houses upon moving to LA. Knotts Scary Farm & that one at Universal don't compare to the ones we grew up going to. (Old jails turned into a haunted house, old run down homes that were probably a fire hazard, swimming pools that were closed for the season, etc.) Who knew you just had to go to the OC and there would be several decent ones to choose from?! In true Rachel fashion I was scared as crap in the beginning and then towards the end the strobe light annoyed me, it was hot, the fog machine smelled and made me gag & the gouls kept doing the same stuff so I was no longer scared. That was until my drive home that I was scared to death someone would jump out of my back seat (that I checked 20x before I left). Upon parking I ran into the house & was that annoying person who made a lot of noise and insisted on turning on all the lights "just to make sure" & I literally ran into the bedroom, hopped into bed, snuggled in there & threw the covers over my head and prayed I didn't have to leave the bedroom for fear something might be "out there".    

Sunday morning 
I am Charlie, hear me roar

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home