This page has moved to a new address.

60 years strong

Pickles & Chapstick: 60 years strong

Thursday, October 4, 2012

60 years strong

My Oma & Opa in Germany shortly after they got married in 1952.
My Opa was even wearing his wedding ring there. When he returned to America
he wasn't allowed to wear it because he was a mechanic. 

Today two of the most important people in my life celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. My Oma & Opa (german for Grandma & Grandpa) met in Germany when my grandfather was stationed over there during the Korean War. This is one of my favorite pictures of them. My grandparents have been through it all together and managed to build a beautiful life for themselves, their family and their children. 6 children (5 boys 1 girl) and lost 3 of their sons before they were a year old (from Barth Syndrome which was undiagnosed at that time) and 1 son 9 years ago. They both have told me that Charlie's birth has been one of the best things to happen to them. They look forward to updates, pictures, videos, etc. My Oma is one of the most non-judgemental people you will ever meet and she has a wonderful taste in handbags. My Opa is one of the most hardworking people you will ever meet. He worked full-time until a year in a half ago (He was 81 when he stopped). They told me the secret to a successful marriage is having two TVs (that was them joking). I hit the jackpot when it came to grandparents! xo 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home