This page has moved to a new address.

get in my belly: mama food - lettuce & chicken

Pickles & Chapstick: get in my belly: mama food - lettuce & chicken

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

get in my belly: mama food - lettuce & chicken


As a new mom one of my biggest challenges is finding time to eat and eating something that is healthy. When Charlie was a newborn it was a tad bit easier because he slept a majority of the time. When I returned to work I was so busy playing catch up that I often worked through my lunch break. Now that I'm a full-time mama to a very busy almost one year old, feeding myself is always the last thing on my mind. We make all of Charlie's baby food. He only eats organic foods, we don't freeze his food because it loses nutrients, etc. I'm kinda obsessed with his food. My time in the kitchen consists of prepping snacks, cooking and cleaning all the dishes, sippy cups, etc (not having a dishwasher seriously stinks). Last night it kinda hit me. I need to figure a way to eat and eat healthy but it needs to be quick easy because I'm getting run down and that can't happen when you're a mom.


Today at the grocery store I came up with a few good ideas and they work with our schedule! It was hot in my apartment and my allergies are so horrible today that the last thing I wanted to do was slave over a hot stove gagging because chicken grosses me out. (I'll discuss my meat issues at another time) So I bought an organic rotisserie chicken. The best part about buying the chicken is it cost $8.00 but it will feed our household for two days. That's pretty darn good. I had romaine lettuce at home so I decided that I'd put the chicken on top of the lettuce, lightly pepper it and add a bit of olive oil and voila! It's quick and I made sure Charlie's meal mirrored mine so the prep work was easier. You also could do this with tuna, fake meat, turkey, etc.

I apologize for the not so great photo of my food but I just had to share this because I was excited that I actually got to sit down for lunch while Charlie did the same :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks good. Making Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Tonight. I'm obsessed with pumpkin right now and wanted to try it on chicken. Fingers crossed but the base was good and that usually means the dish will be too!

 
At October 9, 2012 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You'll have to let me know how it turns out!! It sounds delish!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home