This page has moved to a new address.

oh, the places and spaces you will go: Autry National Center

Pickles & Chapstick: oh, the places and spaces you will go: Autry National Center

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

oh, the places and spaces you will go: Autry National Center


Since I moved to California I have always wanted to go to the Autry National Center. Since the Autry National Center is right across the street from the LA Zoo I decided it was the perfect time to visit. When we entered the museum we were greeted with wonderful A/C. Charlie was over his flamingo incident and patiently sat in his stroller. We admired the artwork and sculptures together. I was hesitant at first because I was concerned that he'd throw a fit or get bored but that wasn't the case. He really enjoyed himself. I had a lovely afternoon with my little love and I think we'll have to pay LACMA a visit before we leave :)






I grew up very attached to my Opa (german for grandfather) and my Uncle Jay. While my Uncle Jay was a trekkie and really into Star Wars, my grandfather was a HUGE fan of westerns. I grew up with John Wayne, Roy Rogers and Gene Autry on the TV screen all the time. They were on so much I felt like at times they were part of the family. There was a part of the museum that's dedicated to Western movies. It made me miss my Opa and made me wish he was there with Charlie and I. He would've loved every minute of it. 


You could dress up as a cowboy, sit in this saddle and they would add you
into a western movie. It looked cool. Charlie wanted no part in this. 




 
three amigos 

Remember this shirt from Brokeback Mountain? 

Gene Autry

back in the saddle again

Look at that football stance!

Trying to take photos during "high noon" is the worst. The coloring is always off
but I had to capture these moments of Charlie running around the grounds of the museum. 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Kacie - With Love said...

Love you blog. I'm so happy to have come across your it!

Kacie
http://www.acollectionofpassions.com/

 
At March 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awe, thank you!! xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home