This page has moved to a new address.

The Liebster Award

Pickles & Chapstick: The Liebster Award

Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Liebster Award

Every time I blog and I get a comment I'm in shock people actually come here to read it!! That may sound silly but I didn't start blogging to get a huge following and if someone read it.. awesome. I started a blog for myself as an outlet for many things that go on in my life, etc. So I was very touched when I got nominated for this Liebster award. Thank you Sofia (The Brewery) for nominating me! I love her blog and she keeps me laughing! I sometimes miss those days of livejournal or myspace surveys so this is kinda fun to answer questions!

The Liebster Blog Award Rules:

1. Share 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Choose 11 fellow blogs to nominate. The nominees must have under 200 GFC 
(google friend connect) followers and tell them in a comment on their blog. (tried my best. it was really hard) 
4. Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have decided to nominate
5. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog. 

(but these go to) 11 things about moi

1. Right before my pre-school graduation I told my mom I wanted to be a dentist. 
During the ceremony I grabbed the microphone and told the audience I wanted to be a rock 
star or a model. I was aiming for laughs and it didn't happen. That was the last time I tried doing stand up.  

2. When I was 9 years old (and stood around 5 feet tall) I was doing a cartwheel on the balance beam when I lost my footing and smacked my face on the beam. I would later
call my mom to inform her I was ending my career in gymnastics. 

3. I still remember where I was when I heard Bill Clinton say "I didn't have sexual
relations with this woman". I'm like an elephant I never forget (literally).  

4. I didn't own a CD player until I was in eighth grade. Up until then it was all vinyl
and the radio. 

5. I'm a very creative person who constantly has to be doing artsy fartsy things. 
I'm not sure how I'll ever return to a desk job. It's unbearable for me.  

6. I've toyed with the idea of writing a book or a children's book several times. 

7. I find people fascinating. I really enjoy learning about all types of people. 
Guess this would explain my love for history and american presidents? 

8. I want to travel the world with Charlie. I knew a woman whose job was to 
take photos for different travel guides. Her husband would work in London and
she'd travel the world with her son (who was right around Charlie's age). 

9. I'm addicted to soda. It's a sick unhealthy addiction and I get cranky without it. 
It also helps with my chronic nausea that I recently diagnosed myself with.       

10. I have five tattoos and I want more.  

11. I require at least one nap per day sometimes two depending on Charlie's energy level.
They tell you to nap when you're newborn naps but I think it's just as needed (if not more) when they hit the toddler years! 

11 Questions from Sofia

1. If you could do an interview with any person, alive or dead, 
who would it be and why? 

  Oh man this is a tough one! I'd love to interview John Adams or FDR   

2. What is your favorite TV show?

Anderson Cooper 360 (nerd) and Golden Girls

3. Why do you have a blog?

I wanted a place that could house my creative ideas, inspiration, recipes, things that
happen in my life, etc. I also wanted a place where I could write about things happen and matter in my life but sometimes doing this on the world wide web is a little hard. 

4. Who do people tell you look like?

Nobody really. I think I'm odd looking.  

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
when your tag sticks out or using "like" too often in a sentence

6. If you could re-live high school, what would you 
differently, if anything?

yes, I would've ignored the mean people in high school. 

7. What is your favorite characteristic about yourself?

I have a huge heart and I try to be very giving. Making
others happy brings me happiness. 

8. What is your least favorite characteristic about yourself?

I let other's peoples hurtful comments eat at me when I should
ignore them and then I get very hard on myself. Very hard. 

9. if you could live anywhere in the world, 
where would it be?

Australia, Scotland, Canada... the list goes on. 

10. What is the best advice you have ever been given?

"You're never as good as they say you are and you're never as bad as they say you are"
George Clooney gives this advice to new or young actors that he works with and I
think it's good advice for anybody. 

11. If your house was on fire, and you could only grab three things 
(not people or pets) on the way out, what would they be?

laptop, my great grandmother's ring and my bear i've had since

My 11 questions for my nominees

1. If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why? 

2. What's your least favorite TV show?

3. What is one food you never get sick of? 

4. If you could change your name to something else what would it be? 

5. If you were forced to move to Europe, what country would you reside in?

6. What's your dream pet?

7. What's your favorite book from childhood?

8. Death by shark bite or by a lion?

9. Who is your favorite sports team (if any)?

10. Do you prefer reading a newspaper or a magazine?

11. What's your favorite memory? 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a fun idea! I am going to work on it tonight and tomorrow! Thanks soooo much! Loved reading yours!

xoxo

Mariah

mariahlauren.blogspot.com

 
At March 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So happy you're going to take part!! xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home