This page has moved to a new address.

It was a graveyard smash

Pickles & Chapstick: It was a graveyard smash

Monday, October 24, 2011

It was a graveyard smash

This is my first Halloween where I haven't been planning a costume for months. Halloween falls a week after my due date and at this rate this little dude could be overdue. Even though I can't dress up that isn't stopping me from wanting get into the spirit of Halloween. Since I'm still in the process of buying furniture and seeing where I like things placed, I wanted to keep the Halloween decorations simple. I also wanted to keep things cheap aka homemade. If you're decorating for Halloween or doing some Halloween baking, I highly recommend listening to the Halloween Party station on Pandora. It helps kick the mood up a notch!

I found this banner over at the Graphics Fairy. I added orange ribbon and decided
 it would look best on my door.

I had a few Halloween prints that I printed out before I left for my maternity leave. I originally planned on putting them into $1 store frames but early maternity leave meant coming up with a "plan b". I had leftover card stock so I decided to paint the card stock black and once it was drying I glued on the prints. 


I flipped the prints over and decided to use orange ribbon (that I found for 50 cents) and connect them. 
It wasn't my ideal way of displaying these prints but desperate times sometimes call for a "plan b".
Besides, you can't beat only spending 50 cents on a project!


Last but not least.. The candy bucket for the trick-or-treaters.
It was only $2 at Target.







Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home