This page has moved to a new address.

murder mystery housewarming gifts..

Pickles & Chapstick: murder mystery housewarming gifts..

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

murder mystery housewarming gifts..

I wanted to create a gift tag that went along with the theme of the party. I found
the spider web scrolls here

I have to admit that I've been a bit "rusty" on getting creative with a lot of things lately. I'm going to blame being 9 months pregnant. When I got invited to one of my friend's housewarming parties (a Murder Mystery one at that!), I knew I couldn't show up empty handed with some lame present. I wanted the gift to somehow kinda fit in with the theme of the party. 

Screw top wines are easy to open but they aren't my favorite. However,  I really liked the label.
Hopefully it doesn't taste bad. 

I found this lovely dish towel (I have the same one in my kitchen) at World Market and
wrapped it around the wine bottle. Voila! Easy but cute housewarming present. 

Since I really love Roxy & James, I felt that I should give them a little something else.
I bought two eco friendly sponges, Mrs. Meyers hand soap and 3 kitchen towels that matched the
dish towel I used above. I bought that mason jar awhile ago for the hell of it. I've also seen this
idea before on pinterest.

Everything fit perfectly in the mason jar.
I made the label with graphics I found here. I also found
a really cool font that looks like the letters are bleeding.
Perfect for a murder mystery themed housewarming party!

Fingers crossed my friends enjoyed the gifts. I had a lot of fun putting them together.





Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger by BUN said...

James and I just loved this housewarming gift!! I saved the gift tag...and LOVE the giant jar that we are totally going to reuse.

SO sweet of you and SO creative!!!

xoxo bun.
http://www.bybun.com/

 
At July 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your interpretation of my housewarming gift! What a fun party idea! I hope you stop by to check out more of my creative gift ideas.
xoxo,
Julie
www.julieblanner.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home