This page has moved to a new address.

murder mystery housewarming gifts..

Pickles & Chapstick: murder mystery housewarming gifts..

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

murder mystery housewarming gifts..

I wanted to create a gift tag that went along with the theme of the party. I found
the spider web scrolls here

I have to admit that I've been a bit "rusty" on getting creative with a lot of things lately. I'm going to blame being 9 months pregnant. When I got invited to one of my friend's housewarming parties (a Murder Mystery one at that!), I knew I couldn't show up empty handed with some lame present. I wanted the gift to somehow kinda fit in with the theme of the party. 

Screw top wines are easy to open but they aren't my favorite. However,  I really liked the label.
Hopefully it doesn't taste bad. 

I found this lovely dish towel (I have the same one in my kitchen) at World Market and
wrapped it around the wine bottle. Voila! Easy but cute housewarming present. 

Since I really love Roxy & James, I felt that I should give them a little something else.
I bought two eco friendly sponges, Mrs. Meyers hand soap and 3 kitchen towels that matched the
dish towel I used above. I bought that mason jar awhile ago for the hell of it. I've also seen this
idea before on pinterest.

Everything fit perfectly in the mason jar.
I made the label with graphics I found here. I also found
a really cool font that looks like the letters are bleeding.
Perfect for a murder mystery themed housewarming party!

Fingers crossed my friends enjoyed the gifts. I had a lot of fun putting them together.





Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger by BUN said...

James and I just loved this housewarming gift!! I saved the gift tag...and LOVE the giant jar that we are totally going to reuse.

SO sweet of you and SO creative!!!

xoxo bun.
http://www.bybun.com/

 
At July 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Julie Blanner said...

I love your interpretation of my housewarming gift! What a fun party idea! I hope you stop by to check out more of my creative gift ideas.
xoxo,
Julie
www.julieblanner.com

 
At August 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM , Blogger marilyn scott said...

What an amazing housewarming gift! Thanks for sharing. Actually, Im looking for some nice, frugal yet practical housewarming gift ideas that I'll give to my friends. Thanks for giving ideas. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home