This page has moved to a new address.

She's Crafty: DIY pinboard & wipe off board

Pickles & Chapstick: She's Crafty: DIY pinboard & wipe off board

Friday, October 28, 2011

She's Crafty: DIY pinboard & wipe off board

I've been wanting a pinboard and wipe off board for my kitchen since I moved in. However, I couldn't find anything I liked. What does one do in this situation? You make your own! Since the area where I wanted to hang these items up at is small, I had to think small(er). 


Wipe Off Board:
I measured the scrapbook paper to the size of the glass.
Cut the scrapbook paper to fit. 

Framed the scrapbook paper
Voila! A wipe off board for a very cheap price
(Note to self: purchase black dry erase markers not colorful ones) 

Pinboard:
I measured the scrapbook paper to the glass (as seen above)
I then measured to see what size I should cut the ribbon.
I placed the scrapbook paper in front of the glass OR you could buy cork board
and cut it to the size you need (I was on a budget)

I placed four rows of ribbon going horizontal and placed three rows of ribbon
going vertical.
BAM - Your own little pinboard!


Items I used: 

2 8x10 picture frames - $2.98
(I found a two pack at Target on clearance. I will eventually repaint the frames) 
2 pieces of scrapbook paper - $2.00
1 spool of ribbon (on clearance) - $1.50

Project cost: $6.48





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home