This page has moved to a new address.

Charlie Graham turns 1

Pickles & Chapstick: Charlie Graham turns 1

Monday, October 29, 2012

Charlie Graham turns 1


I've been trying to write this post on and off for a bit now. Not sure what I wanted to say, not sure how much to say, etc. So here we go...

Today my Charlie Graham is a year old. It's something I can't say without my eyes welling up with tears. Today was spent with a lot of reflection on what we were doing those hours and moments before Charlie made his entrance into the world. This year has been one wild ride and full of ups and downs but mostly ups. It's been one giant learning experience. 

Motherhood is by far the most amazing thing I've ever gotten to experience. Motherhood has tested my limits and constantly makes me want to be a better version of myself than the day before. Especially in the last few months because I notice how much Charlie starts to mimic things we do. Motherhood has made me feel like wonder woman at times. I feel that there's nothing I can't handle. This also leads to exhaustion and taking on too much but that's a story for another day.  


















For an entire year we've been watching this little person grow into his own. Watching his little milestones. Watching his personality develop. In this entire year he wasn't the only one growing and changing. As his parents we were doing the same. Charlie lights up the room when he enters it. I've seen him make a stranger's day by just his smile. I see the joy his little presence brings to our friends and family. Most of all I see the joy he brings to his father's and my life. I can't imagine my life without my little blue eyed boy.

Charlie,
You complete me and you're the best thing I've ever done. You're the best
journey I've ever embarked on. You are the constant light at the end of
the tunnel. I know your daddy feels the same way. Thank you for changing
our lives for the better. You are the best little miracle and the best surprise
we've ever gotten! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love you to the moon
and back!

love always,
mama

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

He is so adorable!! Motherhood is a journey!!

 
At October 29, 2012 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awe thank you! It really is! Hope you're okay! xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home