This page has moved to a new address.

get in my belly: charlie food - pumpkin baby food

Pickles & Chapstick: get in my belly: charlie food - pumpkin baby food

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

get in my belly: charlie food - pumpkin baby food


From the time I was little I've had an obsession with all things pumpkin (especially my step-mama's pumpkin whoopie pies), so when I decided to start making Charlie's baby food I got really excited for "pumpkin season". This "baby food" recipe is also the easiest way to cook a pumpkin for pumpkin pie, etc. 

What you'll need: a pumpkin (i suggest buying the pumpkins that are labeled "pumpkin pie" pumpkins), a knife (a serrated one works best), ice cream scoop & a pan

Step one: rinse off your pumpkin


Step two: cut your pumpkin in half. I suggest cutting it using a sawing motion. 


Step three: using the ice cream scoop, scoop out all the "guts" and seeds. If you want you can save the seeds to bake them or trying to grow your own pumpkin later. 


Step four: cut your pumpkin into smaller pieces so they will fit into the pan. Fill the pan with enough water so you'll be able to steam it.  


Step five: put the lid on, turn on the stove, and steam the pieces for 15 minutes or until soft. 

**You can also do this in a microwave but I'm not a fan of using a microwave too much when it comes to Charlie's food.**


Step six: take the pieces out of the pan and let them cool off. 


Step seven: when the pieces cool off, scoop out the pumpkin into a dish. 

I've made all sorts of meals for Charlie using pumpkin. Below are a few ideas. 

 - Pumpkin & Apple. Sometimes I'll add a tiny tiny tiny bit of cinnamon to it. 

 - Pumpkin, Chicken & Kale. The key to this one is using more pumpkin and chicken than kale. 

 - Pumpkin, Apple & Broccoli. It sounds disgusting but it doesn't taste that bad.  

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 23, 2012 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yum Yum!!! Obsessed with pumpkin right now!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM , Blogger emi said...

i LOVE that you did this yourself!! i need to try this out. thanks for posting! i love your darling blog and we are your newest followers..come follow along at chaseandem.blogspot.com XO

 
At October 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your pumpkin chicken is still on my to-do list!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awe thank you!! I just checked yours out as well. I'm sold!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home