This page has moved to a new address.

twenty-nine

Pickles & Chapstick: twenty-nine

Thursday, February 7, 2013

twenty-nine

(image)
I would like to share something with you all.. I've had this overwhelming feeling of birthdays since I turned 10. Yes, 10. I was afraid of turning double digits (dork). I didn't feel I accomplished enough to turn 10. I've been a notorious over thinker since I was a little kid (that's pretty sad). Growing up birthdays weren't a big deal. I mean you got a few gifts, a store bought cake and every once in a blue moon a birthday party. This is where my love for making other people's birthdays important comes from.  I love making homemade decorations and getting creative. I love seeing smiling faces. I love making the people I love most feel special. My birthday is a different story. It's kind of a "can i sleep in?" kind of day.



I feel like yesterday I was just turning twenty and moving out to California and BOOM here I am nine years later. It's insane how fast time goes by. Looking back I realize it's the people who have made the ride worthwhile. There's that quote that says "god doesn't give you the people you want, he gives you the people you need. to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you the person you were meant to be." and it's the truth. I'm sure this will be the theme through out life but it pretty much sums up my twenties. My twenties have been one wild ride after another. I've worked hard, I've played hard, I've loved harder than I ever thought I could and at times I've learned the hard (annoying) way but think of all that wisdom I have to pass down to my children. Maybe it's turning twenty-nine or maybe it's because of all the life changes that will be happening this year but it's made me a bit misty eyed about everyone in my life. I've met some amazing people in my life especially in my twenties. Some I still keep in touch with and some I've lost touch with. Regardless of the status they still mean something. I just don't stop caring, I can't.


I constantly hear "don't blink". When you blink is when something happens. You lose someone you spent your entire life with, your child grows up over night, etc. If I didn't blink I'd annoy my family more than I already do. I'd be watching them sleep or bother them with a million and ten questions instead of writing this post. So as I get ready to celebrate my twenty-ninth birthday, I will spend this year cherishing every single moment I get with my family and the people I love. If I've learned anything it's life is short. I'm not sure what I ever did to be blessed with all I have but I'm thankful for every single bit of it :)




Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM , Blogger samecookiesdifferent said...

happy birthday dear
hugs and lve
xx
samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com
<3

 
At February 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Happy Birthday! Girl, you do not look 29, but you do look awesome. What a cool post! I loved seeing all of these throw-backs :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home