This page has moved to a new address.

morning portraits

Pickles & Chapstick: morning portraits

Sunday, March 24, 2013

morning portraits


saturday morning bed head 

Yesterday morning I woke up from no sleep (again) and stared at the ceiling and I was still groggy from those darn sleeping pills I bought at 3am that didn't work. I was stressed about high my blood pressure is (hasn't been that high since January 2011 and there was a reason why at that time), worried about life and Charlie, and I felt nauseated (which I have felt every single day since I first got pregnant). Then out of the corner my eye I started to watch the sunlight trickle through my blinds and into my dark bedroom. It brought a smile to my face and made me think how beautiful mornings are. 

There's something amazing about mornings. Forget about how you may or may not look when you wake up, forget about how your hair is not perfect, how nasty your breath smells, how much or little sleep you got or that lengthy to do list you already started to plan in your head. Think about how lucky you are that you got another day of life. That it's a clean slate to start over if the day was crappy before, etc. One of my favorite morning habits used to be snuggling up to the one I love and sometimes kiss their faces till they woke up. I could've cared less how bad their breath smelled but seeing them in the morning started off my day on the right foot. I loved seeing their messy bed head, scruffy cheeks and the pillow indents on their face. They looked so real and beautiful to me in those moments. I can't wait to do it to Charlie when he gets a little older. 

On my personal IG (which is home to a redic amount of photos of my son mostly for close friends and family since I got rid of my facebook) I decided to start a morning portrait series to capture those "raw" moments in the morning. Charlie wasn't around so I captured myself "in the raw" right when I woke up. Bed head, morning breath, exhausted eyes, no makeup, etc. I may transfer the series over to my picklesandchapstick IG account. Here are some of the photos I took. 
     

rested legs 

Sunday Morning




Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At March 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM , Blogger henning love said...

there is just something raw and fresh about the morning, it is a chance to start fresh each day, that is the day before wasn't so great that was yesterday today is a new day. love your hair by the way wish mine looked that great in the morning

 
At March 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Sara said...

I love mornings! The only half-decent poem I ever wrote was about mornings. Can I say that you look amazing in the morning?? Your hair is so pretty too!

 
At March 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM , Blogger chantal marie said...

omg you have the prettiest hair!! jealous!

 
At March 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

beautiful hair :)!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home