This page has moved to a new address.

She's Crafty: Birthday Cards & Fabric Envelopes

Pickles & Chapstick: She's Crafty: Birthday Cards & Fabric Envelopes

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

She's Crafty: Birthday Cards & Fabric Envelopes


Expecting a baby + early maternity leave = a very tight budget. 

Two of my friend's birthdays were in the same week and I wanted to do something special for them. Thankfully I have lots of card stock, scrapbooking paper and fabric (leftover from a quilting project in 2004 that never got started). The key to the fabric envelopes is measuring the fabric to the size of an envelope and lightly tracing the letters of their names out before stitching. After all the sewing & stitching was done, I used my cherry blossom stamp and stamped the fabric.

I like the idea of the fabric and personalized envelope because it can be reused for so many things (make-up, art supplies, etc.). I'm sure if I put some sequins on it and made it with some satin fabric it could be used as an evening bag - Just kidding :) 







Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Waseem said...

like the fabric you use for this Gift Card envelopes..thanks for sharing with us.

 
At November 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

thank you!!

 
At November 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

awe thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home