This page has moved to a new address.

kids grow up fast

Pickles & Chapstick: kids grow up fast

Thursday, February 21, 2013

kids grow up fast


Charlie and I hit up a park almost every day and if it's not a park it's a walk and if we aren't doing either one, there's something wrong. These photos made me really realize that Charlie is growing at a rapid pace (literally - this kid will be 6 feet tall by the time he's 5. not really but almost). Having a baby (especially if it's your first) is hard. You have this new baby. It changes every relationship in your life. You're sleep deprived. You have bouts with some nasty post-partum crud. Well, I'm here to say that having a toddler is just as hard and it's more work. You know have this little creature who still can't communicate very well. Mothers out there don't get upset if their first word is "dada" and that's they babble ALL stinkin day long. They suffer from severe separation anxiety the moment you leave the room. They get into EVERYTHING. Don't put it past them to realize they can start putting things in the toliet. Have a man in your life who keeps the toliet seat up? This will teach them real fast to put it down or they'll take the lazy route and just shut the bathroom door. 


Charlie is literally attached to me. Most of the time he wants to be held or in my lap and if I'm in the kitchen he's attached to my leg. Too bad he can't hang on tight because I'd carry him on my back (koala bear style). He mimics EVERYTHING. When this start happens you really have to clean up your act. While not working right now has it's downfalls (money is super tight and sometimes you feel uninteresting and like poop cause you aren't working) I'm happy to be the one home with Charlie. My little brother for instance picked up some gnarly habits when he was little because my mom was always working and our Uncle had no idea that his nephew would picks up almost all of his bad habits. While I'm not the perfect human being, I try REALLY hard. We clean up toys together. I try to keep up the TV off because I don't want to get into the habit of TV. We read lots of books, we sing lots of songs, we have dance parties, etc.


It's hard this day in age not to be on your phone, ipad, computer, etc. I mentioned in my previous post that I have an etsy shop and I have things I still haven't been able to upload because finding a free moment is hard. This is also why I sometimes I'm unable to blog as much as I'd like. Whenever family is around I realize we hear a lot of "you're always on your phone or taking photos on your phone". It's hard not to be attached to your phone especially if you're checking work e-mails, silly things like twitter or instagram, etc. I had to make minor adjustments to invites I've been working on and that was a struggle. Yes, I could stay up later but if I'm exhausted the next day it's not fun for anyone. 

While I notice how fast Charlie is growing, it was these photos (taken with a real camera) that made me really realize how fast he's growing. He will never be this young again. Right now, he's my "job". You make sacrifices for the people you love (moving, changing habits, etc.) and I have to spend less time focusing on these things. I read somewhere that when you're on your phone and you're around someone it's basically telling them that whatever you're doing is more important than them. I don't want him thinking that and while my needs are important, he's more important. Who knows how long I'll get to be home with him so I better suck every moment while I can. Don't worry, I'll keep blogging. It may just be a little "dead" at times. 

I thought these photos were too cute not to share :)  



3 Comments:

At February 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Sara said...

HA! The ducks!

He is such a cutie! I seriously love the hat, I am not sure why, but I think it is the cutest thing ever when kids wear knit hats! Babies are a handful, but you are a great mom! Look at this happy kid!

 
At February 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM , Blogger his little lady said...

Aw, how fun! Love these pictures! And yes, enjoy every minute with him while you can and while he still fully relies on you ;)
xo TJ

 
At February 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM , Blogger Pretzel Thief said...

SQUEEE! Your Charlie is too adorable. Cuteness overload!

Don't worry if you don't post as often as you think you "should" -- whenever you can is fiiiiiine, woman! Also, you strike me as a wonderful mama and I doubt Charlie would think he's less important if you happened to check your phone or smthg. But then, you wouldn't be worrying about these things if you weren't a good mama, you know? :-)

xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home