This page has moved to a new address.

She's Crafty: a thankful project for February

Pickles & Chapstick: She's Crafty: a thankful project for February

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

She's Crafty: a thankful project for February


Last month I got into the habit of making mental notes of what we're thankful for. We get so busy with day to day activities that I think it's important to take a moment out of our day everyday to reflect on who we love and what we're thankful for. So why not make it into a monthly/daily craft? I bought these larger heart doilies at the .99 store. Yes, some people fear the .99 store but don't. Yes, it smells funny but they are the ones selling the og candy sweeethearts right now. It's a great place to people watch AND it's a great place to get some basic craft stuff AND every once in a while you come across something amazing (like a bump it). I decided to use the giant heart doily because it's February and who doesn't associate February with love (and black history month). I mean February is even "American Heart Month" (blame this knowledge on my mom who is a pre/post open heart nurse). While I'm trying to work on my lettering ability, this was as good as it was going to get considering my favorite 15 month old was crying at my feet begging for attention (or a snack probably a snack). I decided to cut out 28 mini hearts and we would write everyday who we love/we're thankful for. I thought of taping them to the wall but I nixed the idea and decided to hang a red string up and put those mini clothespins to work! While I'm not completely satisfied with how this project turned out (perfectionist issues), I realize that it will make due because free time no longer exists in this place (his nap time turned into mommy and Charlie nap time. toddlers require so much more work than a newborn) and it's not going to be perfect when you're working with young kiddos who want to "help". Even if their version of helping is putting whatever they can in their mouths.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2013 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Eatlovemerry said...

This so cute!!

 
At February 13, 2013 at 8:49 AM , Blogger chantal marie said...

i love the 99c store and i love this idea! so great that you're teaching your daughter to appreciate her blessings now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home