This page has moved to a new address.

Penelope & Charlie

Pickles & Chapstick: Penelope & Charlie

Friday, May 3, 2013

Penelope & Charlie



When Penelope first entered our lives I had my hesitations towards the idea of a dog let alone taking on the responsibility of a puppy. A puppy = another toddler. You'd have to be crazy to take on both. You know how they say there is no perfect time to have a child? I'm convinced the same goes for having a dog. You just learn to adjust your life around this adorable little creature. Penelope entered our lives at just the right time. I'm currently at home with Charlie all through out the week so when he leaves to go with his papa, it tugs at my heart a bit. It's something you learn to adjust to but it's so hard sometimes to just hand him over, ya know? Now there's Penelope. She will never replace my Charlie but she brings a special joy and love to my life. She goes almost everywhere we with us and sometimes I won't go places if I can't bring her. I'm still learning to adjust to life with a small dog. She's about the size of a cat so she finds little hiding spots that give me a heart attack because I'm afraid she ran off somewhere.  

Another concern about Penelope was how she'd interact with Charlie and vice versa. I was concerned about dog bites, etc. All of those concerns have gone out the window. I basically have two little toddler running around the house one is just on four legs and the other is on two. Charlie and her play fetch with one another. Yes, I said one another. She will place something across the room and Charlie goes after it. I've learned to make similar meals through out the day so one doesn't get jealous of what the other is eating. I of course make slight adjustments to both of their meals for their dietary needs. She could care less if Charlie is trying to pet her and he gets slightly rough or he crawls over to get to something else. They're partners in crime together. It reminds me of my relationship I had with my first dog, Tippy. He was a little mutt that we found in a dumpster when we lived in Texas. He looked like a little Scottish terrier. I used to pretend he had a Scottish accent (blame lady and the tramp). Whitney Houston may have had Kevin Costner to protect her but Rachel had Tippy. 

Thank you for entering our lives, Penelope. You have no idea how much joy you bring us on a daily basis. xoxo  





Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, that doggie is adorable!! :) I've had dogs since I was very young, right now there are 2 golden retrievers at my parent's house that I adore and love with all my heart. They love to cuddle and someone to rub their belly. Whenever they have puppies it fills the house with joy, imagine having 10 other mini dogs running around the yard!

That last photo it is just adorable!! :) xx

 
At May 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awe, thank you!! I always grew up with larger dogs and they're so much fun to snuggle! xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home