This page has moved to a new address.

expanding our family

Pickles & Chapstick: expanding our family

Thursday, April 25, 2013

expanding our family


We've added a puppy to the family!! Meet Penelope Pearl or sometimes known as Penelope Pickle. She was running around scared in the parking lot of a semi local drug store. Concerned that she would be hit, a friend and I decided to try to wrangle her up and find her owner. I wound up being able to "woo" her over and she was such a lover and the rest is history. 

Charlie and I love our newest family member and she loves us (especially Charlie - win!). Caring for a puppy is similar to caring for my toddler son. They both beg to go outside (sometimes together at the same time), want to eat constantly, leave messes wherever they go and i'm constantly chasing them out of something. I'm already that caring weirdo mom who is such a stickler about Charlie's diet there should be no surprise that I'd feel the same way about Penelope's. It's important to me to not only provide Penelope with a loving and happy home but to provide her with a healthy diet. I was given the "okay" to give her certain healthy human foods along with her new fancy wet and dry food (she loves her new meals). I also researched the heck out of the healthiest treats and toys for her to play with. I'm fully aware with how crazy I may sound but I've been in the habit of doing the same thing for my child. Do you really think I could turn off my maternal instinct when it came to our new puppy? :) xo 




Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Sara said...

AWWW! What a little sweetie! The one with her and Charlie is the sweetest thing ever!! Congrats on your new addition!

 
At April 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM , Blogger chantal marie said...

omg she is soo cute!! im so excited for you! i am glad you resuced her. rescue pups are the best! she will be the most loyal dog ever!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home