This page has moved to a new address.

tehachapi

Pickles & Chapstick: tehachapi

Thursday, November 15, 2012

tehachapi


I apologize for the lack of blogging this week. On Sunday I went up to Tehachapi and wound up staying a bit longer than originally planned. It was nice to have crappy internet to the point where it was so annoying you had no desire to check your e-mail, etc. It was also nice to be in the mountains and be in a place where there are no street lights and you have to turn your porch lights off by 10pm. Oh, there's also a local saloon. Yes, saloon. The main reason for my visit was to spend time with a family that "adopted" me when I moved out to California. My "cali mama" lost her hard fought battle with uterine cancer Tuesday night. She was one of the most amazing ladies I have ever met. I can't discuss it any further/don't want to. I came home yesterday afternoon and when I couldn't sleep last night, I flipped through my camera and found all the pictures I took when I was there. So I thought I'd share them with you. Enjoy! 










It was 29 degrees at night. It made me long for my east coast nights where my friends and I
would be bundled up on someone's front porch. I bundled myself up and enjoyed the crisp/cold air.  








Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home