This page has moved to a new address.

a peek into my new home

Pickles & Chapstick: a peek into my new home

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

a peek into my new home


I don't know about you but I love getting a glimpse into people's homes. I'm still learning to get comfortable in my surroundings without the company of a majority of my belongings (they're currently residing in storage). It's starting to make me realize what I really need and what I really don't. Kinda makes me want to throw everything out - just kidding (sorta). Moving on, there are a few nooks and places in my new home that bring me happiness. The boyfriend gave up his bedside table so I had a little more room to move some of my belongings. I haven't had a bedside table since I lived in PA and that was 9 in a half years ago! I know, I know - getting excited over a night stand? It's the little things, people! 


The top of my night stand is home to my favorite lamp, my tiny jewelry collection (not a huge fan of jewelry (i'm so picky) so that's why it's so small), a blue mason jar that houses my spare change, a trinket box from Africa that my wonderful step-momma brought back for me, a flower my boyfriend picked for me on our anniversary & one of my favorite photos of my little man.  


I don't know about you but I've had my share of pretty crappy mirrors. Maybe it's the way this one is hung, etc. but it's proven helpful in several outfit dilemmas and helping with bad hair days. High five, mirror! 


Every week I buy fresh flowers for the apartment. I also like to keep candles burning. I feel it makes a home a "home". 


My last fridge was home to all things Charlie and the amazing people in our life. So I'm beyond happy that this fridge is home to Charlie's artwork and one of my favorite magnets that a friend made for my first mother's day.  


My boyfriend made that lamp and re-did that chair. He's pretty darn talented and I'm so proud of all his work. I'll be honest, this is probably my favorite part of the living room. 


The balcony is home to our plant collection. The balcony is another favorite part of the apartment. I feel the plants have help give the balcony a tranquil vibe. It's a nice change of pace to sit outside and work or just relax :)  

ps: if you haven't already, start following me on bloglovin. I finished adding all of my favorites this past week. It's kinda nice to have a home for all of them in one spot! 

1 Comments:

At July 11, 2013 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Leigh Ann Fisher said...

I dont own a lot of jewelry either. I get to claustrophobic. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home