This page has moved to a new address.

Beach and Breakfast for one

Pickles & Chapstick: Beach and Breakfast for one

Monday, July 18, 2011

Beach and Breakfast for one



If you lived in the LA area you knew this weekend was "carmagdeddon". The hype worked well because it seemed like most of LA stayed home (yes!). I kicked off Saturday by going to my "weekend job" aka being a beach bum. I laughed like an idiot as I read my Tiny Fey book and worked on my tan. When I returned home, I decided I should take myself out for dinner and a movie. I've never taken myself out on a date before so I decided that Saturday night would be the perfect night to start. I showered (I didn't want to smell for myself) and did my hair. If you know me, you know I hate spending more than a few minutes on my hair. Long hair + blow dry + flat iron = annoying. I can't tell you the last time I used a blow dryer on my hair. However, I do use the blow dryer to get things dry faster. On my way to the theater my unborn child decided to adjust him in a weird position and it made sitting uncomfortable. That's when I decided a pair of boxers, Netflix, my bed and take out was a better choice.

The next morning I woke up bright and early. That's what happens when you fall asleep at 10pm. I decided I should take myself out for breakfast and a trip to the beach. I got a paper and enjoyed the delicious waffle I ordered. It was enjoyable until a group tourists were seated next to me and kept invading my space to take a million photos of them at breakfast. I hope I remember that moment when I take my child out for his "first breakfast" and I have a camera in his face the entire time. After that "interesting" breakfast it was off to the beach. I finished my Tina Fey book and checked my twitter. The World Cup was getting intense so I decided it was time to end my "day date" with myself. I managed to watch Japan win the World Cup and I started crying. Not because the US lost but because I was happy for Japan. After I got a hold of myself it was time to start getting ready to grab dinner with my bff. She popped a blackhead for me as I was driving (I don't recommend doing this) and gave me a complex because she told me my face wasn't tan enough and needed to be tanner to blend with the rest of my body. What are friends for? 

3 Comments:

At July 18, 2011 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Pretzel Thief said...

Dude, I soooo hear you on the hair and the "can't-be-bothered-styling-it" deal.

Well, I cut my waist-long tresses back in February (got it chopped off down to my earlobe, but it's grown 3ish inches since because, well, my hair is a force of nature and grows freakishly fast).

So, styling these days is a quick blow-dry while moving my hand fast across my head...or not, whatever. Hee!

Your day sounds fab and the waffles in the first pic look all kinds of awesome!

Come to think of it, I don't think I've had waffles in over a year, if not longer (I KNOW, right?). I'm more of a crepes kinda gal but still love me some waffles, fo' shizzle!

 
At July 18, 2011 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Pretzel Thief said...

Argh, totally neglected to add CONGRATS on your pregnancy!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

A year since you had waffles? Girrrrrl you deserve a waffle!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home