This page has moved to a new address.

mint ice cubes

Pickles & Chapstick: mint ice cubes

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

mint ice cubes


This may sound weird but I'm horrible at drinking water. Something has to have flavor for me to drink it. It's not even a sugar factor, it just needs flavor. I'm too lazy to constantly be cutting up cucumbers or lemons for my water. I've always wanted to make cucumber or lemon ice cubes but my freezer never has enough room to fit a cupcake pan filled with water and lemons or cucumber slices. While friends sipped on some delicious homemade mojitos for the boyfriend's birthday is when it hit me, mint ice cubes!! 





It's pretty simple. Tear up some mint, place it in each little ice cube, fill it up with water and place it in the freezer to freeze. An hour or so later (depending on your freezer) you have a delicious ice cube to freshen up your non-alcoholic or alcoholic beverage! I've been drinking a lot more water since I made these ice cubes. I may start cleaning out the freezer soon so I can make lemon and cucumber ice cubes!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At July 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM , Blogger alice {sweet dreamer} said...

This is a very cool idea - thanks! x

 
At July 31, 2013 at 1:51 AM , Blogger Eatlovemerry said...

So pretty!

 
At July 31, 2013 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Dude. I feel like such an idiot. I have an overabundance of mint growing in my yard and I never thought to put them in ice! What an awesome idea lady! :)

 
At August 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Lindsey Louise Bales said...

this is such a wonderful idea! i usually freeze fruit in ice cubes, but never mint!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

 
At August 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Hena Tayeb said...

great idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home