This page has moved to a new address.

Baby Wish List

Pickles & Chapstick: Baby Wish List

Friday, August 12, 2011

Baby Wish List


I decided to share a few things that I put on my baby registry. Being a first time mom, you never know if you're buying the "right" thing or if your baby will even like these things. I decided a while ago that cloth diapers were the way to go. Not only are they environmentally friendly but I also heard it becomes easier to potty train in the future. At first I thought about doing a diaper service but I'm trying be as frugal as possible when it comes to certain things. One of my friends directed me to the cottonbabies website where there's several cloth diapers you can choose from. You can even make a registry there (done & done). I opted for the BumGenius cloth diapers because I've heard several great reviews on them. The other great thing about them is that the diaper grows with your child. They have several rows of snaps that you can adjust to how small/big your baby is. 


The other major "must have" baby item is a stroller. I desperately wanted the bugaboo. However, the bugaboo was a bit pricey. I had a hard time trying to justify putting that on my registry. I played around with the BOB double stroller before and liked how easy it was to push around. This summer I started taking notes on what strollers people brought on the beach with them. I noticed people who had a BOB stroller had less of a struggle getting the stroller on and off the beach. After taking notes and hearing people's reviews, I decided to choose the BOB.

I really wanted a baby carrier. I just had no idea which one I should get. I remember back in the days of babysitting how much of a life savor a baby carrier was. I thought about the baby bjorn but it's for smaller infants. The more blogs I read and the more reviews I read, I realized the Ergobaby carrier was the way to go. This is another item that grows with your child in a sense. You can buy an infant insert when they're small and you can use it up until they're about 45 pounds. Sounds good to me!
 When I was researching baby products I came across this, The Bumbo Baby Sitter Seat. It's ideal for babies learning to sit up on their own.

When it came to baby bathtubs, I wasn't sure how I felt about them. Were they necessary? That was until I read about the puj tub. It's perfect for infants and it fits to almost any sink size. If you live in an apartment (like I do) you don't have a lot of storage space. The last thing I want is another bulky item taking up space. The puj tub is perfect because it lays flat to dry. You could hang it from the back of your bathroom door when you're done! 

Last but not least is the car seat. I have gone and back forth on whether to get a car seat that's a convertible or get the infant and then have him graduate to a bigger car seat. The more people I talk to, the more I heard "get the infant car seat". Like many parents I had the typical concerns about safety, etc. After some research I decided to go with Safety 1st's onBoard 35 Air Infant Car Seat. This car seat has side impact protection. I also like how sleek and simple it looks. 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home